LG G3 explodes, burns mattress: Report

A Reddit user in  NewDelhi,India has reported an incident where an LG G3 smartphone exploded suddenly, leading to a fire.

LG's 2014 flagship smartphone was lying on a bed, when it suddenly exploded and shot into flames burning the mattress, as per the account of the Reddit user 'S-Blade.' The phone belonged to his younger sister.

He added that it was mainly the phone's battery that was burning, and even using the fire extinguisher did not help. The Reddit user and his family had to ultimately throw the mattress out of the window.

The user has also posted several pictures of the burnt phone. He also confirmed that the phone's battery and charger were genuine and not third party replacements, and that the device wasn't left under a pillow or blanket.

As per the pictures a charging cable was plugged in so perhaps the explosion occurred while the phone's battery was charging.

LG has not commented on the matter yet.

source : The Times Of India